In addition to lunch, my son has to bring snacks to school everyday. I have been looking for ways to provide him healthy food options, that don’t come wrapped in so much plastic or foil lined packages, because, you know, we care about the environment, too =)
Since my training to become a Healthy Advocate, and help people to find their best version of themselves by eating well and exercising, I started cooking more and trying new recipes.
For my first recipe, on the blog, I am sharing this delicious banana muffins made with wholesome ingredients. They are great for breakfast and snacks. I hope you enjoy them, as much as we do.
You have the option of using a paper liner or using cooking spray. We opted of not using paper liner this time.
- Nonstick cooking spray (optional)
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or lightly coating with spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine egg, honey, almond milk, oil, and extract in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture; mix until just blended.
- Gently fold in bananas.
- Evenly divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes, or until tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to rack; cool.
For more lifestyle & organizing tips, make sure to follow along on our Facebook Community Organize Yourself Healthy
Sign up for our online program Organize Yourself Healthy
Latest posts by Di is Organized (see all)
- Project of the Month: Multi-purpose Closet - February 22, 2020
- Breakfast (Snack) Banana Muffins - February 2, 2020
- Organize Yourself Healthy program provides framework for healthy living, eating and exercise in the new year - December 19, 2019