This Instant Pot Beef Stew recipe makes a richly flavored, hearty stew in less than half the time of a traditional recipe.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ lbs. raw lean beef stew meat
- 3 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1 medium onion sliced thin
- 2 medium celery stalks cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 6 medium carrots cut in half lengthwise, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- ¾ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cups low-sodium organic beef broth
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté. Add oil and beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until beef starts to brown.
- Add flour; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add onion, celery, carrots, bay leaves, salt, pepper, and broth to Instant Pot. Cover and seal Instant Pot; cook, on stew/meat setting, for 35 minutes. Release pressure to vent immediately. Let sit for 10 minutes. Remove lid and discard bay leaves.