Your cart is currently empty!
Mac & Cheese Bites
I have been getting much better at planning and prepping my lunches in advance, so I always have something nutritious to eat after a morning of hard work with my organizing clients. However, sometimes, I get stuck on what to prepare in advance of the kids.
This week I decided to try making Mac & Cheese Bites. My twist to the original recipe is that I added a cup of homemade pureed butternut squash and cauliflower.
Do you usually “hide” healthy ingredients in your kids food as well?
11⁄2 cups unsweetened almond milk 1⁄4 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 1⁄4 cups + 2 Tbsp. grated cheddar cheese, divided use
1 Tbsp. cornstarch (preferably GMO-free)
4 oz. cooked whole-grain macaroni (approx. 2 cups)
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Lightly coat twelve-cup muffin pan with spray. Set aside.
- Heat almond milk, salt, and garlic to a gentle boil in large saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low.
- While milk mixture is cooking, combine 11⁄4 cups cheese and cornstarch in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Gradually whisk cheese mixture into gently boiling milk mixture until fully incorporated; cook, whisking frequently, for 3 to 6 minutes, or until all cheese has melted and sauce has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add macaroni; mix well.
- Divide macaroni mixture evenly between muffin cups.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 Tbsp. cheese. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
NEED MORE IDEAS?
Don’t forget to count on us if you need a private consultation. We can help you figure out what are the best steps to accomplish your home organizing goals. We also create a personalized shopping guide to organize that odd space or your dream pantry. Send us an email or check out our Virtual Organizing Services and Hands-on Services in Baltimore!
Learn more about our Digital Book, Organize Yourself Healthy