We moved to our new house in April, 2015. I know it has been a long time since that happened, but since most of my clients look for organizing help when they are in the process of moving, or sometimes they have recently moved, I thought this post would be helpful for many people.
So, I would like to share with you a couple steps that I learned with the process to make things easier:
1) Since you will be touching all the items you own, it is a good idea to declutter/purge before you move. That way, you will bring to your new home just things that you love and know you will use. Separate items that you want to keep, donate or discard. Maybe you can organize a Yard Sale before you move.
2) Don’t forget to label your boxes according to the room they are going to go at the new house. If possible, color code and make a map of the new house, that will help the people are helping you to move to know where things should go.
3) Heavy things should go in small boxes, light things in small ones. Example: books go in a small box. Bedding, pillows go in a big one.
4) Pack most used items last (kitchen and kids stuff in my case), label your box as: Open first!
That is it! Four easy steps that can make a huge difference. Enjoy your new home.If you need help organizing at any time of the process of moving contact me and I will be happy to help you.
Latest posts by Di is Organized (see all)
- Best Products to Organize the Paper Chaos in your Home - February 12, 2018
- Workshop: Meal Planning 101 - February 9, 2018
- Get your home organized for the New Year! - January 2, 2018