By now, you are used to me talking about the importance of creating routines for your home. Today, I would like to talk about the importance of your skin care routine. Your DNA might determine some characteristics about your skin, but how you care for you skin influences the health of your skin, especially as you age.
Let’s start by thinking about how much water you consume each day. For every two pounds of body weight, you should be drinking one ounce of water. So for example. If you weigh 130 pounds, you should drink 65 oz of water per day. Of course, your diet also affects the appearance of your skin, but that is a subject for another post.
Now let’s think about how to choose the right products and find the time to fit a beauty routine into your already busy schedule. To tell you the truth, as a busy mompreneur, I don’t have much time to spend taking care of myself, so I try to make good use of my time. My beauty routine takes less than 5 minutes every evening. Here are my steps:
- Wash my face – this is a basic and essential step. Every day we are in contact with so many pollutants, and other factors that we don’t even realize. If you have time to do just one of these steps, make washing your face every night a priority.
- Apply a toner or serum. – These products are like supplements for your skin, they add nutrients and help other products to absorb better.Toners and serums are usually optional, but you will see results if you consistently add them to your skin care routine.
- Hydrate – Everyone needs to apply some kind of moisturizer to their skin, even people with oily or acne-prone skin. Moisturizer helps your skin to stay hydrated and soft and even prevents breakouts by providing your skin with healthy moisture. You might want to choose one product for day and a richer cream for night. .
Products we recommend
For awhile now I have been using BeautyCounter products. I love their commitment to using safe and environmentally sustainable ingredients. And love how their products have made my skin healthy and glowy. If you are on the lookout for safer products and makeup, you should totally consider using them.
For my beauty routine, I like to use the Countermatch Regimen Set. The four-step Regimen is formulated to match the natural structure of the skin and deliver long-lasting moisture, making my skin glow from within.
Would you like to try it for yourself? You can shop with us here.
More info about BeautyCounter
Over 1,800 ingredients are never used in their formulations— it is called The Never List™— and they go above and beyond to test every ingredient to match their high standards in pursuit of clean beauty.
- Organized and Safe Makeup - April 28, 2020
- Spring Cleaning Challenge – Day 8 – Garage and outdoor areas - April 18, 2020
- Spring Cleaning Challenge – Day 7 – Laundry Room / Mudroom - April 17, 2020